Monday, October 01, 2007

Is this year over with yet?

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired! Last week, I feel down sick again. Face down, sick. I spent the week in bed. I'm just getting back to normal, or as close as I can get, lol. See, I'm starting to get a sense of humor back. Any way, I didn't even feel like sewing all the stuff I had to for our trip to the Ohio Renaissance Festival. I had to make 2 men's peasant shirts, a whole new wenches costume for me (as I've outgrown my old ones), and a whole wenches costume for Annie, consisting of a skirt, blouse and bodice. So, Saturday, as I was starting to feel really crappy and stayed in my pajamas all day, I pulled out the serger and sewing machine, and buckled down. I finally finished, the next morning. But, take a peek at the results below:

From left to right we have: Mr. S, Taylor, me, Katie, Chris, Cassi, Dylan and Annie down front.

Here, we have the girls. Ain't they cute?


And, of course, the mandatory silly pic.


Then, we have Mr. S and me.


Then we have my girls and me. Well, technically, Taylor isn't mine, but she's adopted me as her second mom.

And, speaking of my adopted daughter, she's good a sneaking pics. Can you tell how thrilled I am?


Then, my swashbuckling daughters swung into action. Here's Katie in the Safer Sword arena.


And Annie couldn't be out done.


The gown that Cassi is wearing in the first pic is one that I made about 8 years ago, for the year we sold at the festival. And ya know what? I actually enjoyed sewing, again. I haven't sewed costumes in almost 2 years.

Anyway, as I'm getting better, I'm started to get my knitting mojo back. That, and the fact that my bestest friend in the whole world, Miss PJ, told me last week that she is pregnant! After she gave up hope over 8 years ago of ever having another child. Now, I get to knit baby things! And I hope it's lots of pink things, as she already has a boy, she needs (and wants) a little girl!

Anyway! I need to get some rest, that way I can maybe knit tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling bad. I wanted to go to the Ohio Renaissnace Festival but I am not able to this year. I plan to make it there next time. Great costumes.

lexa said...

I'll be so jealous if you get to knit pink things! (I hope you do, but green eye will be flaring!) I started the nephew's cabled sweater tonight. He's not due til November 22 and the shower is October 28, but he may decide to come early. She's getting pretty big, and I guess they told her there isn't much room left in there for him. (If you do get to knit pink stuff let me know. I have three skeins of an acrylic/wool baby yarn that was sent to me in SP4. It's white with pink flecks, really nice, I'll send it to you.)

Everyone looks great in costume! I love Mr. S in his kilt. We have Scottish heritage, and I have a cousin that wore a kilt when he got married.