Friday, October 26, 2007

What have I done this week?

That's a good question. Well, let me recall.

Monday I finished my Harvest Sock Swap pal's sock, and casted on an Embossed Leaves sock for myself, in the same color way of Trekking as I used for my pal.

Tuesday I developed a soar throat. Stopped at the store for soup after picking up the girls. Went home, made said soup, and waited for my Auntie Elaine to drop off some yarn for knitting I promised to do for the family Charity auction. No knitting accomplished.

Wednesday, my throat wasn't soar, but I felt like shite! Went home, made a quick one dish oven meal, and sacked out to watch Ghost Hunters all evening with Mr. S. No knitting accomplished.

Thursday, felt a little better, voice was a little horse. Didn't feel like cooking dinner, hit Rally's, and went home to watch Grease & Grease 2 with the girls. Knitting accomplished, finished the first sock of my Embossed Leaves.

Today? Well, as soon as I get off of work, I have to pick up Mr. S at my house. Then it's off the pick up the girls and Taylor. Once all the kidlings have been loaded into my dark green easter egg of a car (a Kia Rio Cinco wagon), we are off to Dayton. Katie and Taylor are staying in Dayton for the weekend for my niece's b-day. And, at lunch, I splurged a little and bought 4 balls of Regia 4 fadig in natural, to make a pair of Over the Knee socks from Handknit Holidays. I have been waiting to make these socks for a long while. I just had to make up my mind of what yarn and in what color. I figured that natural is the best choice, as we like to dress up in costume for festivals, balls and such, and it would go with a lot of my period costumes and not look out of place.

Tomorrow, for as craptastic as I feel, we are going shopping, over most of the city. There is a book that I want that details how to make period costumes, so I'm off to see if the Book Loft in German Village has a copy (if not, I'll order from Amazon); Mr. S wants to go to Polaris mall (all I can think of is Rocky Mountian Chocolate factory and the giant caramel apples, yummmy!); and then various other locations that I'm sure we'll find time to get into.

So, that was my week, in a nutshell. How was your week?


lexa said...

Sounds interesting except for the yucky throat. My youngest was sick all day and had quite a fever. I worked, so when I brought him home from Nanny's and gave him Tylenol he made quite a recovery. He's getting a cold, though.

We got one of our yarn orders in today, but the new sock yarn one hasn't arrived yet. I'm hoping it won't take too long to get the boss lady to order in the new Regias. I mentioned them today, but she didn't really say anything.

Cindy said...

Sorry that you're not feeling well. I would recommend "Airborne". It's an herbal concoction that doesn't taste very good, but I absolutely swear by it. When Istart feeling a cold coming on, I will drink the stuff faithfully every 3 hours, and by the next day--I am feeling fine. I've been doing this for about 3 years now, and it hasn't failed me but one time when I started coming downwith a cold and didn't start the airborne until 2 days after. Just give it a try the next time and see if you notice a difference :)