Monday, September 01, 2008

Holiday weekends work

I hope everyone had a happy long weekend. I decided that I wanted to get some things done around the house. So, while watching movies I made some more re-usable Swiffer clothes. I love these things, and we use like crazy. And, you can never have enough. Here are the ones that I made on Saturday and Sunday.


Can you tell one of the movies we watched?

On Sunday, I was very busy in the kitchen. I decided that it was time to make more jelly, and try my hand at jam and pumpkin butter.

Here is the pumpkin butter cooking. It smelled and tastes divine.

Here are my jars boiling.

The juice and pectin for jellies.

My sweet tea, and something to keep me busy in the in between moments. Good book, the movie was nothing like it. In the movie, they totally ruined the story line.

The blackberries, defrosting.

It was hot in the kitchen, see the steam rolling off of the berries?

Some of it done. There are 5 jars of pumpkin butter in the back, and 5 jars of apple jelly in the front.

More added to it, 5 jars of white grape jelly.

Juicing the berries. I was completely unprepared. I had to use a small strainer to juice them.

Some blackberry pulp and seeds. We were joking that it kind of looked like a heart.

Just to get a cup and a half of juice, I had to use almost the whole clear bowl of berries.

This is what was left after getting the cup and a half.

The juice cooking with the pectin. It really looked like blood.

Look at the color on the spoon.

And, six jars of blackberry jam.

All together, I was only 3 jars short of 2 dozen 1/2 pints made.

Today, I sat and watched more movies, and knitted more. See?

Another Swiffer cloth.

And another Baby Genius Burp Cloth for Miss PJ. Little Jeremy is getting so big. He's over 3 months old, and just about ready to start using the bibs and burp clothes I've made. I need to make more, that way Miss PJ has plenty.

Well, tomorrow it's back to work. Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

lexa said...

I'd like to have some of that jelly right now to put on my bagel with my peanut butter!