Friday, August 29, 2008

Just as I promised

Here are all the pics that I haven't been able to post until now. We'll start with the camping trip. Most of us found the camping trip fun. We couldn't get a spot at the any of the close camping grounds, as I didn't have the money to reserve ahead on the internet. But, we did camp. Where, you may ask? Why, in my mom's back yard, of course. Mom lives in the nearly-country. So, we pitched the tents in the back yard. The first night it was Shawn, me and the girls, Taylor did come to visit for dinner and marshmallows over the fire. So, let's start with the pics.

Here is Shawn, roasting a marshmallow.

Here is Taylor and Katie. And, yes, that is a marshmallow in Katie's mouth.

Even Bebe enjoyed the trip. (sorry, the pic's a little blurry.) Before I took Bebe, mom wasn't able to let her out in the back yard without being on a leash, she would try to run off. Both mom and dad commented on how calm she is since I inherited her, and how she just followed me around.

The camp fire.

Roasting marshmallows. I think if you click on it to enlarge it, you just might see the flame from the bottom marshmallow to the top one.

Shawn, with a handful of marshmallows.

Katie and Taylor, eating marshmallows.

Miss PJ joined us on Saturday with her oldest son, Brandon, and her nephew, Dale. We went canoeing Saturday afternoon at Trapper John's Canoe Livery, which is around the corner from mom's. Sorry, no pics of that, as I didn't want to risk getting my camera wet. Later, as PJ looked at all the tents we had set up, she said it looked like a traveling hippie commune. Here are pics of the tents.

A shot of most of the tents.

Here is the morning dew on top of PJ's brand new tent. If you click on the pic to enlarge it, you may see how sparkly it looks.

Here is PJ's big tent.

Here is her brand new tent.

Here is my tiny tent. We joked that even the dog had a tent. I forgot to take a pic of it, but the tent to the left is my medium tent that the girls slept in.

Here is my largest tent, which is very old, and I loaned it to a friend, who basically ruined it. Mom bought me a new tent to replace it, I just haven't had time to unpack it to take pics of it yet.

And here is Brandon peeking out of his mom's new tent. We joked that it ate him.

When we went back to PJ's, she brought out something and gave it me, saying, "Here. Take this, I'll never use it, and I know you will." It was a noodle extruder.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I plan to this weekend. I found a recipe for whole wheat pasta to try. And, it came with 5 different dies for 5 different styles of noodles. I can't wait to try it.

Now for knitting projects. First up is the Tudora that I made with a left over ball from my CPH.

This was the beginning of it. I had intended to take it as my knitting project for camping, but only got to knit 2 rows.

Here is Katie modeling it for me. I don't like the placement of the button, so I will be fixing it. I didn't modify the pattern in any way.

Here are pics that are a result of leaving my camera in the house with the girls while they are home alone.

Bebe, looking less than thrilled to have her pic taken.

Moonie, also looking less than thrilled.

And, alas, Vinny, trying to ignore the camera.

Here is some yarn that I recently acquired to make another Tudora and a pair of Fetching to go with my navy pea coat. Normally, I don't go for orange colors, but Miss Amy convinced me to break out of the box and pick from the opposite side of the color wheel.

It's Plymouth's Baby Alpaca worsted. And it's like buttah. It is so soft, that I can't even feel it move between my fingers.

And finally, my finished Wool Peddler's Shawl. I still need to block it.

SPECS

Yarn: Cascade 220
Color: # 8895 Red
Needles: US 9 circs
Mods: I added 2 extra reps to use up the yarn that I had.

I love this shawl, and can't wait to get it blocked.

Well, I'm going to go watch Haunted Lighthouses on the Travel Channel. I should have pics soon of the jellys, jam and pumpkin butter, as well as noodles, breads and homemade alfredo sauce from this weekend. Until then, Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

lexa said...

I'll have to see if I can find that show on my tv...

Love your camping pictures! Looks like just as much fun as if it were at a "campground". (And much cheaper, too!) I've had tents pitched in my back yard when Hub's baseball team has had tournaments in town. This year no one pitched tents, but they did sleep in my garage!