Friday, July 27, 2007

I fell down dead, again!

I just hate summer colds! Everything was going so well, then I got sick. It started as a sinus infection. Then I couldn't run a fever and developed a cold sore. The weekend after the 4th of July, Mr. S, trying to make me feel better and have a stress free weekend, dragged me out to the movies. He didn't seem to understand that having my upper lip swollen like I have been stung by a bee was stressing me out. But, I went anyway, because it meant so much to him. We saw the afternoon showing of Transformers, had dinner at Don Pablo's, and went back for the evening showing of Pirates 3. And on Sunday, he took me to The Shadowbox Cabaret to see The Rocky Horror Show. Which was fabulous!

The following week at work was a little on the bad side. Business picked up a little, and at the end of the week, someone was let go. Which meant that some of his job became my job, to catch up what he didn't do. And to top it off, the next week, business really picked up. I didn't even have a chance to get lunch most days. This week has been slowing back down. I was finally able to touch my laptop after almost 3 weeks. Oh, and on Friday the 13th, I was looking through some old stuff and broke an old thermometer. Yeah, trying to clean up mercury is real fun. Especially when you have to shut off the a/c to air out the house. Granted, it wasn't much, but I wasn't taking any chances. That one can be filed in that folder labeled "Things that only happen to Tonia". A short time later, I started feeling ill. And because of that, we missed the kid-parent softball game and the awards picnic.

Oh, and last Saturday I stalked the mail man. I was waiting for my copy of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows". The mail man normally runs around 11:30. Just because I was waiting for my book, he didn't show up till 3:15. So, yeah, that book swallowed me up for several days. And, once I finished it, my manager at work attacked to me find out what the ending was. She said that she was never going to read the books, and the movie would be at least a couple of years away, and she had to know.

But, I've go exciting news. Beth is in town to visit her parents, and I get to meet her tonight. She has brought me her pizzell iron. Yeah, I finally get to make pizzells. So, after work tonight, we're going to try to meet up somewhere between her parents and my parents house. This should be fun!

1 comment:

lexa said...

I hope things come around for you!

I did the same thing to my co-worker with the book. I have never read the books but seen all five movies. Actually, I went on Wikipedia the next day after the book release to find out what happened. And J filled me in on more of the details.