Tuesday, July 31, 2007

So, on Friday I was inspired while reading my blog list. On Babycocktails and Knitting, I noticed her finished Josephine top from the Summer '07 Interweave Knits, and remembered seeing it when I bought my copy of the issue. The more I thought about it, the more excited I got. At lunch I ran and bought some Paton's Grace, in the taupe color. Well, after 2 false starts ( I was apparently too tired to add correctly) I got the count right on Saturday morning. I worked a couple of rounds and then took the girls to the mall, since Katie's BFF stayed the night. I worked on it some more when we got home, and few rounds on Sunday. It was on Monday that I made lots of head way. See, I had to take Katie in for a physical for school volley ball. In the , almost 4 to 5 hours of sitting in the doctor's office, I got a lot done. Granted, my thumb is hurting and just a little swollen. But, here is how much I have done:

I am loving this pattern! As you can see, I've decided to knit it in the round, just because I don't want to have to seam.

While I was pulling this pic off of the camera, I found a few more that I haven't posted. So, to begin with, I'll start with someone who decided to hide from the house for a while, and that would be Miss Moonie:


Then, I forgot to post the great socks that Anne made for me for the Summer Sock Party '07:

They fit me perfectly! And the colors are great.

Up next, is a pic of when Moonie decided to rejoin the rest of the world, and tried to share Butter's bed, and as you can see, Butter wasn't too thrilled about that.


Then, I found the one of where we were vacuuming the living room, and the cats hate that dreaded machine. This is were I found them, hiding behind the couch.


Then, the highlight of the weekend before. The new Harry Potter book! I stalked the mail man until he showed up.


And, as I said in my post on Friday, I met Beth. And she brought me her pizzell iron.


And, of course, I had to try it right away!


And here are the yummy almond flavored pizzells that I made:

Despite the fact that everyone said they didn't like almond flavored, they sure disappeared very quickly.

3 comments:

lexa said...

I love the new top! We carry Grace at the store, but it doesn't sell very well. We just got two new Patons pattern books at the store yesterday, and one is all Grace. There's both knit and crochet in it, and most of it seems crochet (which I don't do only a chain for cast on). Some of the patterns are really nice, though.

The pizzells look yummy!

Miss Amy said...

Hey, the beginning of Josephine looks great! I don't recall when u took the pic of the cats behind the couch but HA...too funny! and I liked the pizzells and the almond flavor was good enough for me...u can keep the black licorice flavored ones. Yuck! See you when u get back from the Faire on Sunday...Bye, Amy

CarrieM said...

So this is not about the Josephine, but the next time you are on a pizzelle jag, send some my way!

Beautiful kitties! And a sweet puppy!

C