Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Another FO and other pics

School started this week for the girls, Katie started on Monday and Annie started today. And in honor of that, Annie got a hair cut. See:

She wouldn't sit still, so it's shorter than I wanted it to be. But she looks so cute! (In this pic, she's not too happy with me, as I wouldn't take a pic of her drinking her cool aid single.)

As I mentioned before, we had the Morris Family reunion Sunday. I wore my Josephine top, so I'll share the one pic that I was in, and the one pic I have of the finished top.

From left to right, we have: Mr. S, me, cousin Savannah (ducking down), my uncle Verlie (in the back), mom, grandma, my aunt Sebrina (Verlie's wife), Katie, and down front is Annie.

The next pic is of Annie starting a water balloon fight, Uncle Verlie was her target.


The next pic is of some Lorna's Laces that have inspired me. The color is Tuscany.

I love this color so much, that I wished that I have some worsted to make a scarf so this ball could become a pair of fingerless gloves, as it's a single ball. Well, some great Yarn Goddess must have heard me, because when I went to one of the LYS for lunch the other day (to get an idea for my Fall Felted Bag pal, and that's the pattern under the ball, hee hee) I found this:

Three (not one or two, but three) b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l hanks of Lorna's Laces worsted weight in Tuscany!!! Now my dream can come true. The next question is what pattern to use? Maybe this one? I'm still debating. What do you think?

Next up is another piece of Heaven. My Namaste bag.

Isn't it fabulous? I love, love, love it! And, yes, it's almost as wide as my couch cushion. It's on the large side, but I will never be without my knitting again.

And now, for an FO. It's my finished August socks for the SAM KAL 4.

They were a little long for my feet, for some odd reason, so Katie ended up with them. The specs are as follows:

Yarn: Lorna's Laces
Colorway: Argyle
Needles: US 1 Crystal Palace DPN's
Pattern: Plain Vanilla Ribby Footies

See how the striping came out different on each one. Kinda cool, huh?


Up next is a progress pic. Have a peek:

This is the scarf that the Mystery Knitter is working on. Looks great for a first project, huh?

Next up is the IHS I started for cousin Becky. I just completed the 12 pattern repeat.


The last pic is of the next sock that I am working on. It will most likely end up as my September socks for the SAM KAL 4.

It's a pair of Simply Lovely Lace footies in Regia, color brown, to go with my Josephine Top.

Ok, now for updates. The last space for my PIF Exchange has been filled! Yippee! Now, I can start getting ideas for those projects.

The Harvest Sock Swap '07 sign ups are still open, and doing very well. We have 16 people so far (including myself). And I am thinking of holding a contest. I will announce what it will be tomorrow, along with what the prize will be. So, stay tuned for further details.

I started my new work out program and diet yesterday. So far, so good. But I can tell how out of shape I'm in, 'cause I could only do half of the work out yesterday, and 2/3 of it today. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to complete it. Oh, and I have drank so much water (about the 8 recommended daily glasses, that I'm not used to anymore) that my eyeballs have been floating every half hour. But, drinking that much water does help to curb the appetite. So, look out, favorite pair of jeans that I can't fit into, here I come. I'll be wearing you soon. (insert evil laugh here) Ok, enough babbling for tonight.

May everyone have some Happy Knitting time. I know I will.

2 comments:

lexa said...

The Mystery Knitter's scarf does look very nice for a first project!

I'm trying to drink more water, too. I have a downfall for Diet Coke, though. My brother called Ma yesterday and said a friend of his won a three-month membership to our local gym. He won't use it (plus he lives 40 minutes away), so I can have it. That's good, cuz during my vacation I thought about joining when I got home. :)

Dorothy said...

ALL of your knitting is beautiful!