Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Falling apart....

I haven't been able to post pics, or even check my e-mail, as my laptop decided that it was a good time to start freezing on me. Everytime I would start it up, it would run sorta ok for about 3 minutes, then it would just sit and stare at me, not doing anything. So, after starting it in *safe mode*, and deleting anything and everything that I knew I could, and running a defrag, it has finally decided to start working with me. I think, that as soon as I can afford it, I'll be getting a new laptop. Granted, this one is only a year and half old, but I have outgrown the 60 GB hard drive.

But, anyway. We had a blast this past weekend. Saturday, when we started out around noon, it was hot. Really hot. As in hot with a huge, capitol H. Can I stress that any further? Normally, I don't like to run the a/c in the car, as it sucks too much gas, but considering that I replaced the spark plugs the week before (yes, I work on my own cars, and am getting pretty good at it, especially since the warranty runs out with in the next year or 8,000 miles), and ran some injector cleaner through it(as it had an annoying habit of hesitating every time I took off from a dead stop), I was all for it. I drove up, playing a few hands of travel Uno along the way. We got to the hotel around 3:30, and when we got to the room, I flipped on the tv and found Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on. And then I napped for the next hour, or so. About the time I woke up, Cassi and Chris arrived. They got settled in, and we took off to find something to eat. And, as always, anything with me is an adventure. We started out trying to find a local steak house, that was at some golf club, but we went down 2 different rounds, found 2 different golf clubs, and never found it. So, on the way back the way we came, we found a little pizza place. It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't a steak house, either. After dinner, we headed back to the hotel, and to the indoor pool. I know, you think indoor pool, great, right? Well, let me tell you.... By the time we left for dinner, it had cooled of drastically, by almost 20 degrees. The pool room, on the other hand, was as hot as it had been outside, earlier in the day. As I don't have a bathing suit to fit me, and Mr. S forgot his swim trunks, we sat pool side. Of course I was knitting, on Josephine. We stayed in there as long as we could. We finally had to flee to pool room, and ended up sitting in the semi-darkness of the breakfast room to watch the kids through the big picture window. And, at this point, let me just say, that the last time we stayed in this hotel (3 years ago), it was very quiet, and we had to the pool all to ourselves. This time around, there was a very diverse crowd. And I mean crowd. There were tons of kids with their parents, grandparents, etc., and a group of bikers. Needless to say, thank the heavens it wasn't a dry county, 'cause there were very few adults that didn't have a alcoholic beverage of some sort, us included. When the pool closed, at 11 pm, we went up to the rooms for the night.

Sunday started out sunny, very sunny. When I pulled the curtain back a few inches to see how the weather was, I was momentarily blinded. So, we all got up and got moving. We went down to check out and get breakfast (with everyone else in the hotel) at about 9:15. By the time we were done, we got the faire just as it opened. Mr. S was so excited, it was like watching a little kid on Christmas morning. At this point, I did start taking pics, but due to the above mentioned laptop problems, I haven't up loaded them from the camera, yet. I'll probably do that tonight. So, at this point, I'll leave you with a cliff hanger, and post later about the faire, with pics.

As for my progress on Josephine, I am on the last round of repeats for the bottom. I have about 10 to 11 more rounds before I can start the top. I'll take a pic or my progress later tonight.


lexa said...

I am not liking hubby's laptop at all. The keyboard is too funky, and there's no mouse, just the touchpad, and it has a mind of it's own.

Sounds like you had a good time! Yesterday in Manitoba it was 91F, and today in Saskatchewan/Alberta it's only like 47F. Very chilly on the trek to the truck stop. (We're a fair bit away from the main building at this big Flying J just outside of Edmonton.)

roccermom said...

oooh, i'm in the breezy bay area, and am not jealous of that weather! i so want to sign up for the sock exchange/knit along....i've never done such a thing.