Monday, August 11, 2008

An FO and the hunt for more to finish off

Well, I went to my LYS to see if they have the last ball of red I need. They said that it was on it's way, but just hadn't arrived yet. While I was there, I also checked on some Cascade Cash Vero DK for a friend in Mississagua, Canada. Can we say ouch? They don't carry it the shop, so they would have to order it. It has to be ordered by the bag, which she did need a whole bag, but it was $9 US per ball. We have picked out some Knit Picks Merino Style in Dusk. It'll make a lovely shawl.


Over the weekend I finished off my Central Park Hoodie. It shall linger in a unfinished state no more. So, with no further ado:



Katie is modeling it for me.


She looks so thrilled, huh?



When we were done, I had to make her take it off. She was more than happy to try and keep it. I have promised to make her one. She has picked out some Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Forest Heather for hers. But, here are my details:

Specs

Pattern: Central Park Hoodie from Knitscene Fall 2006
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes
Color: Black Cherry Heather
Balls of yarn: ordered 16, only used 14 and a few yards
Needles: US 6 & 8 Circs
Size: to fit 44" bust
Modifications: Knit the body of the cardi as 1 piece. And knitted about 3" for the Ribbing/Button Band. I did not make buttons holes. If and when I find buttons for it, I'll add button loops.

Well, since my red yarn isn't in yet, I'll be looking for the yarn to finish the sleeves for my Rogue this evening. That'll be another lingering project that will finally see a finish. Until later.....

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Just bounced over from the CPH KAL and your hoodie is fabulous!

Congratulations!

lexa said...

CPH looks great! Can't wait to see your finished Rogue.