Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Dangerous cake, dangerous knitting and dangerous fun

The girls and I settled in for a night alone, Shawn stayed home this evening. I made pizza pasta salad for dinner, and we decided to experiment for dessert. I have been working very hard on my CPH (since I still don't have the last ball of yarn to finish my WPS), here's a progress pic:


I have a sleeve and a half to finish, and the ribbing trim on the front, and it'll be a done puppy!

As for dessert, I found the most dangerous cake recipe in the world (Ravelry link) on Ravelry. If you don't know what that is, and you're on Ravelry, you have to check it out. I just had to try it out with the girls. For those of you that aren't on Ravelry, yet, (if you're not, go join the wait list now), you mix a little bit of everything you need to make a cake in a mug, and cook it in the microwave for about 3 minutes. I was very skeptical when I saw the recipe, but I must admit, it worked, and was very yummy. Here are some pics of that:

Here are the mugs we mixed them in.

Here is one in the microwave, cooking. Half way through the cook time, it starts to rise above the rim of the mug, but it's nothing to worry about.

Here's what it looks like when it comes out of the microwave.

Here's Katie's, she topped her's with some chocolate syrup and cut up candy bars.

Here is Annie's, she pushed a few candy bar pieces down into hers.

And, here's mine, I topped it with what was left of my Dove Chocolate & Cherry Courtship ice cream. Yummy!

In the excitement to get the mugs out, Katie opened the cabinet and out fell a mug onto my mug from Great Lakes. See:

What a shame. I collect one for every year that I visit. I guess I'll just have to try to glue this one back together and set it the back of the shelf. I'll have to look for another green one next year. Oh well! (Granted, I can say that now, but I was very upset at the time.)

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

lexa said...

My boys would love those cakes! I'll have to try it. Too bad about the mug. Hope you can fix it and get yourself a new one to add to your collection. :)