As for other things that have been happening. Here we go:
- I discovered last week that Victoira's Secret discontinued my favorite perfume, Basic Instict. I then found some on Ebay that I purchased. Fore which, Miss Amy told me arrived today in the mail.
- I have learned how to make gloves and fingerless gloves. I just finished a pair that I gave to Miss Amy, as they were too large for my little hands. I'll have a pic of them soon, I still have to weave the end in on the second one.
- I have started a pair of footies in the Claudia's Handpainted in the color Buckeye. I did the first one yesterday while making an apperance at the Morris family reunion and at Miss Mandi's birthday party. Which I made the cakes for, and she never showed up. How's that for love?
- I purchased the first Christmas gift on Friday. Also from Ebay. It's for DD #1, and I can't show it until Christmas, 'cause it would royally ruin the surprise. It also arrived today.
- I purchased 2 knitting books. The first being Not Just Socks from the LYS (which is were I got the pattern for the fingerless gloves) and Handknit Holidays off of Ebay, that should be arriving soon.
- I am still trying to pick out yarn for the Central Park Hoodie KAL. Anyone got any suggestions.
- I have lost 8 lbs. in the past 2 weeks. That involves a long story and a bundle of bad nerves.
- My secret pal e-mailed me to let me know that she has mailed my last package, and to give me "pistas" (clues) as to who she is. I guessed right on the first guess. Her name is Alejandra, and her blog is here Lanas y Tramas. Now I get to visit her blog and see all the great stuff that she makes.
- In the 2 trips I made to LYS last week, I bought 6 skeins of sock yarn. The sock yarn cauldron runth over right now. Time to find a larger one.
- On Saturday, I lost 1 of my Crystal Palace US 1 DPN's. That sucks. I now have to buy a whole new set. I really love my CP US 1 DPN's. (sniffs)
- Miss Tammi and I have started planning for the Halloween Costume ball we are throwing this year. Maybe by starting this early, everyone else will get motivated and I won't be sewing at the last minute. (Yeah, right!)
- I have finished up the package for my Summer Sock Party pal. I just need to mail it.
- I have 1 more thing to buy for my Secret Pal, then I can mail it off.
- I learned last week that in the Great State of Ohio, to get certified copies of birth or death certificates, it's $20.00 each. That was a painful lesson, as I had to replace both of the girls' since they were destroyed. Ouch! And this week I have to put out another $20.00 each for school fees!
- I finished Katie's purple Simply Lovely Lace socks last week. That makes me 13 1/2 for 2006.
- I forgot my cell phone at home today. And you know those are the days when everyone and their brother calls you. Well, in my case, everyone but someone's brother, calls me.
Well, that about covers it for now. I'll post pics as soon as I take them.