Sunday, October 15, 2006

Picture Sunday

This has been a very busy week. The washer broke down, and cost a lot to repair. And work was a little on the stressful side. So, I have been knitting to relieve the stress. I have gotten past the 3 repeat on my CPH, but have set it aside so I can get my Harvest Sock Swap pal's sock started, and almost finished. I'm not going to post any pics until after I send it and she has received it. However, I do have some pics to post, so here we go.


Here is the 3rd Sophie bag that I made. This one I gave to Miss C at work, she absolutely adored it.


Here is the hat that I made to match my Irish Hiking Scarf. It turned out great, not too snug, but it screams pom for the top. And I hate poms, but I may have to bite the bullet on this one. Now if only I can get a chance to go hiking some time soon. Couldn't go this weekend, as Annie is horribly sick and had to stay home from school.


Here is a shot of my Central Park Hoodie, a very out dated photo. This was when I only had 2 inches of the ribbing done. I have since gotten 3" past the 4" ribbing. But it shows the Black Cherry Heather color true.

I may have a long drive to and from work, but I do get some great natural displays of beauty. Like this one:


This was the sunrise on Thursday on the way into work. And this is what I got to see on the way home:


This is one of my favorite farm houses. They worked wonders with it. It has been completely restored. I hope some day to have such a great farm house. But look at the fall leaves all around it.

And finally, inspired by this post by JessaLu. My sock yarn stash.....


I didn't think I had this much. And this is only new skeins, it doesn't include any of the left overs I have stored in a basket. In there I have Lorna's Lace, Claudia's Handpainted, Cherry Tree Hill, and Knit Picks (Memories, Pallette, self-stripping and Essentials), Trekking, Lana Grossa and Regia.

That's all for now, as I want to finish my movie "The Lady Eve" (1941; Henry Fonda & Barbara Stanwyck). And lunch is approaching, which left over homemade cheesy potato soup that I made for dinner last night. Yum!

3 comments:

lexa said...

Love your pictures! What a gorgeous sunrise. Love all your pretty stash yarn, too!

Micky said...

Thanks for coming out of lurking mode.
And thanks for the tips on bamboo needles.
Yummy stash!
:)

Anonymous said...

Nice stash! :o)