Thursday, June 21, 2007

Nothing much in general

I was updating a couple of the sock swap blogs, and thought I'd update this one, too. There's not too much going on. Katie has a softball game tonight. I have taken a couple of days off at work, specifically Friday and Monday, as Saturday is my birthday. I just want to enjoy a couple of days off, paid, for my birthday. So far, as much as I know, we have 6 pm reservations at the Japanese Steak House and then it's off to see the movie 1408. Miss PJ and her husbeast are going to join us, and maybe Mr. S's friend Casi and her husband. But what worries me is the fact that last night, while watching Ghost Hunters, Mr. S looked at me and said, "Now, honey, I know it's your birthday, and you like to sleep in on Saturdays, but we need to be up, ready and out the door by 8 am. Don't ask, just be ready." Now, I'm the type that I like to plan ahead. I like to be prepared for what ever. That comes from raising 2 children on my own. But, I'm not too good with surprises. Well, gifts can be surprises. But I don't like events or trips to be surprises. I'm the type of person that you can tell me you got me a gift, tell where you hid it, and I could care less, I'll wait till you hand it to me. But tell me that you have planned a trip and not tell me one single detail, and I'll go crazy. So, I'll do what I normally do with Mr. S, I'll question and push until he can't take it anymore and he caves and tells me. What was it he called me the other day? Oh yeah. A "pushy broad." Hee hee! I guess I can't help it. It's a side effect from being on my own for so many years.

Oh well. At least I have some sock knitting to look forward to tonight at the game. That is, if the game doesn't get too exciting, like it did Monday night. (And yes, girls' softball games can get exciting.) I only got 5 rows done on Monday.

If you are interested in taking a peek, I am in the process of wrapping up the Sock Hop Swap '07, and today is the kick off of the Summer Sock Party '07.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

lexa said...

Happy birthday this weekend! We're going camping tonight, so I won't be back on-line til Sunday night. Can't wait to see what the secret plans turned out to be!