Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back into the swing of things

It's been so long since I've blogger, and knitted, that's time to get back into the swing of both. That being said, I finally finished a pair of socks that I designed. The pattern was for a pair of lace heart Valentine's socks. I don't have any picks of the finished pair, yet, I'll try to get that tonight. And I was thinking of publishing the pattern here as a free pattern. Sort of a way to give back to the knitting community that has given me so many free patterns. What do you think?

I have decided that since I have moved, now is the time to unpack all the UFO's I have in boxes, and finish them as I can. I will be starting with my poor Rogue, as all she needs is sleeves. Then, I think I'll tackle my bell sleeve shrug, as I only need to knit the other half. After that, I'll take on my CPH, to get her finished off. Then, I'll have to restart my Highland Heather Pullover and my Fisherman's Shrug, as I frogged them both. I really want them, that's why I'm willing to restart them both. I am also going to start my Christmas knitting as soon as I can get my hands on the yarn. And, I am starting so early because I decided to be ambitious this year and make afghans for my nieces. The good thing is, they are worked in 12"x12" squares and seamed. If I make at least 2 squares a week, I'll have them done by Christmas. Maybe. lol.

I am currently working on a pair of socks in Tofutsies yarn. They are a waffle pattern, and the colorway is #734, which is a green & white twist. So far, so good. I'm half way down the leg of the second sock. I knit the first one while watching season 1 of Lost on dvd. I'll try to get pics tonight, as I watch the season premiere of Deadliest Catch. Yes, I watch Deadliest Catch. I even have the first 3 seasons in my Netflix queue.

Other than that, softball season has begun. Katie has practice twice away, and they didn't have enough girl's in Annie's age group, so she'll be waiting at least another year. So, there'll be plenty of knittng time while sitting on the side lines.

At around 10 o'clock this morning, I started feeling like crap! I don't know if I'm getting a sinus infection, again (which is what it feels like), or if it's my allergies. I'm betting sinus infection. So, I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon vegging at my desk, and then go home and make some hot tea.

Well, off to lunch I go, to knit. Hopefully I'll have pics tomorrow.

2 comments:

CarrieM said...

Oh, please publish the pattern! I have become obsessed with sock knitting since the Harvest Sock Swap forced me to knit my first sock and I love a nifty pattern!

(yes, I finally managed to get the sock knitted and sent out with a very nice package)

And I loved your post on your Christmas knitting from this past year! You did a nice job, I loved the candy cane socks and I got some great ideas from your post for my Christmas knitting this year!

I will be moving to San Diego in about 3 months (military transfer) and can so relate to the exhaustion that comes from the moving....

lexa said...

I was thinking the other day that I really need to start Christmas knitting soon. I always leave it late and have to rush, rush, rush.