Thursday, August 31, 2006
Bold the ones you have done:
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink - but not on my tab
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula - Are you kidding me? I'd pass out!
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said 'I love you' and meant it - probably be a long time before I do that again
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped - no, but have always wanted to
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - many times
14. Seen the Northern Lights (from an airplane!)
15. Gone to a huge sports game - Go BUCKS!!!!!
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables - and would love to do it again
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars - not intentionly
20. Changed a baby's diaper -twice over
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - that was almost a daily event
27. Had a food fight - atleast once a month
28. Bet on a winning horse - since I was 7
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight - every winter
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - ask Miss Amy how loud that was
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run - not since I was a kid
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk - many, many times
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland - Not yet!
52. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your cd's
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Posed nude in front of strangers
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud - as often as I can
64. Played in the rain - as often as I can
65. Gone to a drive-in theater - many, many times
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business - and had a blast
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites - all locally
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married - and maybe shouldn't have
73. Been in a movie - hate being infront of a camera, but would love to film one
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced - YES!
76. Gone without food for 5 days - long story
77. Made cookies from scratch - atleast once a year
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo - and have the next one planned
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an "expert"
83. Got flowers for no reason - once upon a time, in the not too distant past, another long story
84. Performed on stage - many times in high school
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Had a one-night stand - tried for that, but it became a year & a half relationship
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone - does my marriage count?
92. Buried one of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children - still am
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking - all the time
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an illness that you shouldn't have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds - not all at once
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Petted a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart - a couple of times
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show1
13. Broken a bone - my little toe
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet (not so much!!!!)
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Petted a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions - there has only been the 10 year, and we didn't skip it, so much as it skipped us, long story
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream - then it crashed down around me ears at short time later
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair - does the Ohio Renn Faire count?
146: Dyed your hair - quarterly
147: Been a DJ
148: Shaved your head
149: Caused a car accident - from the side walk, even
150: Saved someone's life
Not bad! More than what I thought.
Oh, and I got my final package from my SP8 *sniff*. I'll have pics later. I'm just sad it's over. More later.
Saturday, August 26, 2006
A pair of footies made in Claudia's Handpaint in the colorway "Buckeye". I just love the way each foot came out differently.
Material: Claudia's Handpaint in Buckeye
Needles: US 2 Brittany DPN's.
Pattern: My own basic anklet pattern.
Started: August 19, 2006
Finished: August 24, 2006
Made for: ME!
Here are the socks that I made for Katie. A pair of Simply Lovely Lace socks.
Material: Knit Picks Pallete in Hycinth
Needles: US 1 Crystal Palace DPN's
Pattern: Simply Lovely Lace from IK Spring '06 issuse
Started: July 17, 2006
Finished: August 15, 2006
Made for: Katie
And finally, these! I started to make these for me, but I have small hands, and these were too big. So, they ended up going to Miss Amy, who is modeling them in the pic. They fit her... like a glove! (Sorry for the pun.)
Material: Lana Grossa Fun & Stripes
Color: Can't find the label to get the number.
Needles: US 1 Crystal Palace DPN's - fore which I lost one during this project & had to buy more.
Pattern: Fingerless Gloves from Not Just Socks!
Started: August 16, 2006
Finished: August 18, 2006
Made for: Started for me, ended up with Amy
And just in case you're wondering, these were taken this morning, on the side walk, just a few feet from where I twisted my ankle on Tuesday. And the neighbors were having a gargae sale (can you see where this is going?), so they asked us what were doing taking pics of our feet and hands. So, as you can see, our neighbors still question our sanity.
Oh, and if you want to see the pics of the Henna from awhile ago, you can see them here.
Monday, August 21, 2006
As for other things that have been happening. Here we go:
- I discovered last week that Victoira's Secret discontinued my favorite perfume, Basic Instict. I then found some on Ebay that I purchased. Fore which, Miss Amy told me arrived today in the mail.
- I have learned how to make gloves and fingerless gloves. I just finished a pair that I gave to Miss Amy, as they were too large for my little hands. I'll have a pic of them soon, I still have to weave the end in on the second one.
- I have started a pair of footies in the Claudia's Handpainted in the color Buckeye. I did the first one yesterday while making an apperance at the Morris family reunion and at Miss Mandi's birthday party. Which I made the cakes for, and she never showed up. How's that for love?
- I purchased the first Christmas gift on Friday. Also from Ebay. It's for DD #1, and I can't show it until Christmas, 'cause it would royally ruin the surprise. It also arrived today.
- I purchased 2 knitting books. The first being Not Just Socks from the LYS (which is were I got the pattern for the fingerless gloves) and Handknit Holidays off of Ebay, that should be arriving soon.
- I am still trying to pick out yarn for the Central Park Hoodie KAL. Anyone got any suggestions.
- I have lost 8 lbs. in the past 2 weeks. That involves a long story and a bundle of bad nerves.
- My secret pal e-mailed me to let me know that she has mailed my last package, and to give me "pistas" (clues) as to who she is. I guessed right on the first guess. Her name is Alejandra, and her blog is here Lanas y Tramas. Now I get to visit her blog and see all the great stuff that she makes.
- In the 2 trips I made to LYS last week, I bought 6 skeins of sock yarn. The sock yarn cauldron runth over right now. Time to find a larger one.
- On Saturday, I lost 1 of my Crystal Palace US 1 DPN's. That sucks. I now have to buy a whole new set. I really love my CP US 1 DPN's. (sniffs)
- Miss Tammi and I have started planning for the Halloween Costume ball we are throwing this year. Maybe by starting this early, everyone else will get motivated and I won't be sewing at the last minute. (Yeah, right!)
- I have finished up the package for my Summer Sock Party pal. I just need to mail it.
- I have 1 more thing to buy for my Secret Pal, then I can mail it off.
- I learned last week that in the Great State of Ohio, to get certified copies of birth or death certificates, it's $20.00 each. That was a painful lesson, as I had to replace both of the girls' since they were destroyed. Ouch! And this week I have to put out another $20.00 each for school fees!
- I finished Katie's purple Simply Lovely Lace socks last week. That makes me 13 1/2 for 2006.
- I forgot my cell phone at home today. And you know those are the days when everyone and their brother calls you. Well, in my case, everyone but someone's brother, calls me.
Well, that about covers it for now. I'll post pics as soon as I take them.
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Let's hope my knitting mojo comes back soon.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
|Your 2006 Summer Anthem Is|
"I'm on tonightYou know my hips don't lieAnd I'm starting to feel it's rightAll the attraction, the tensionDon't you see baby, this is perfection"
How weird is that? I have this ringtone on my phone!
Monday, August 07, 2006
- Grab the nearest book. (for me, it was the last one I finished, on the night stand.)
- Open the book to page 123.
- Find the fifth sentence.
- Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
- Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just pick up whatever was closest.
- Tag whomever you want, or not.
"Maybe I've never seen master vamps talk about honesty and friendship. Takes some getting used to."
Samuel smiled at me. "I suppose for the Executioner, it would be a very alien concept."
I shook my head. "No, as Jean-Claude's human servant, that is where it gets weird. As the Executioner I just kill people, I don't talk to the."
From:Danse Macabre by Laurell K. Hamilton book # 14 of the series.
Ok, so I went a little over the 3 sentences, but it's was worth it. So, if you want: Tag! You're it!
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Anyone remember that Buster Poindexter song? But, that's what it's been around here lately. Hot! Hot! Hot! It's been too hot to knit. I don't even want to knit in the a/c. The past couple of days, with the heat index, it's been in the 100's. All I want to do is veg. And I'm trying to adjust back to my work schedule. All this week I haven't been able to fall asleep any time before 1:30 am, and I have to get up no later than 6:30 am. It's starting to take it's toll. So, I'm going to finish my show (So You Think You Can Dance), and get Alien Vs. Preditor for dad.
Yippe! Maybe? So, since I am too poor this year to take a proper vacation, here is a vacation revisited, part 1, as Blogger only let me upload some of them.
Last May, Mom, the girls and I took a week long vacation to Cave City, Kentucky. It's a lovely place, just outside of Mammoth National Park.
Here is a pic of Katie, not looking too happy as wer waited for the tour bus at Mammoth Cave, to take the Frozen Niagra tour.
Here is Annie with her large Ty Beanie Baby, named Whiffer. I bought him in the gift shop of an animal muesum, that was full of stuff (not the toy type, either) animals. She stills carries him around. As a matter of fact, I found him the other day, sitting next to my bed, watching tv, by himself?
Here is Annie, inside of Crystal Oynx Cave. This was her first cave tour.
Here is Annie at the Sinking Spring, at Lincoln's Birth Place. We stopped on our way down to Cave City.
Here is a stone marker for what used to be the World's only Underground Nite Club (literally). This was a cool place. Back in the day, such acts as the Glenn Miller band played here. And since this is in Bowling Green, KY, it's a dry county (meaning you can't by alcohol). They had a loophole for this club. You couldn't drink alcohol above street level. Being that the road is directly over this cave, they had no problems. And they had their way of telling if you had too much to drink. You had to climb about 130 steps (if I remember correctly) to get your beer, if you couldn't make it up the stairs in an upright position (meaning, no crawling) then you were cut off. And they also had bungalows for rent, so they could put you up for the night to sleep it off. This is also the cave that Jesse James escaped the law in, according to legend.
Here is a cave formation called "The Monster" at Mammoth Caves. Kinda self explainatory, huh?
Here is a cross section of a collum, which is were several stalagtites and stalamights grew together.
Here is a neat formation in Crystal Oynx Cave. It forms when water fills up the area and the minerals in the water deposit to form this barrier. This one is about 8" to 10" high, and it takes about 100 years for form an inch.
Here is a cave cricket. This one is a female. They were all over the place, and this one was hugh! If this tells you how big she is, her body was about the size of a quater. The females are larger than the males, and from what the guide told us, when they lay their eggs, they leave a unique chemical on them. That way if another bug, or spider eats the eggs, the mother can track down the offender, and kill them.
Here is my litte tree hugger, Annie. When she was around 2 1/2 to 3 years old, she would tell me that she was going to go play with her friends, the trees.
This is the "Blue Hole" at Lost River Cave. The same place as the Underground Nite club. It's blue because of the minerals in the water, and has not living creatures in it. This was famous during the Civil War, because it was believed to be around 450 feet deep, and it was said to have sucked a wagon of gun powder under, along with the horsed and the driver. None of it was ever found. It's actuall only around 15 feet deep, but is connected to the underground river that flows into the cave, by a hole in the side of it.
Here is a close up of Annie. Ya know, she doesn't look a thing like me. Okyeahright! This kid as me written all over her. This is how I looked at her age, but with freckles.
And here is, finally, a pic of Katie in a good mood. Looking at this, it amazes me how much she has changed in a year.
Ok, well I have apparently reached my photo limit for Blogger today. I'll post the rest next time.