Tuesday, January 31, 2006

And the beat goes on...


To pick up where I left off.

Saturday - The day of the party. The first order of business was yet another trip to Wally World. Then, more cleaning of the house, followed by mad cake decorating. Then on to platter construction, followed by baking a giant cookie for a fruit pizza. How much food could there have been, you ask? Let's count:
  1. Tea Pot cake
  2. Tea Hat cake
  3. Meat and Cheese platter
  4. Finger Sandwich platter (Cuccumber and Eggsalad)
  5. Cheese, Pickle and Olive platter
  6. Chips and Dip
  7. Fruit Pizza
  8. Platter of Sandwich buns

Alot for 5 adults and 6 kids, huh? We're still eating left overs, which is not a bad thing, it means that I don't have to buy lunch this week. And here are the pics:

The Tea Pot Cake:


Here is the Tea Hat cake:


Here is Katie, starting to open gifts:

Here is Katie opening the learn to knit kit from her friend:

Here, she is opening the friendship bracelet kit, from the same friend:

Here, she is getting ready to blow out the candles:

And, here is what is left of the cakes:

While I was off of work, my mom took some time to visit relatives in West Virginia. She brought back a cd-rom of ood family pics for my Family Tree program. They all were very interesting, and the family took time to tell mom stories about each one. Like this one:

My Great Grandparent's wedding photo:

Ozy & Maletha (Blake) Smith

It's little things like this picture, that makes me happy doing my genealogy research.

************************************************************************************

Please Note: I have been trying to publish this since Tuesday, however, my computer did not want to co-operate with me.

No comments: