It started out to be such a good day. All I had to do was finish the second fingerless glove for dad, bake the cookies, bake the Hawiian sweet potatoe cassarole, make the spinach dip, and wrap all the hand made gifts. Not a problem. Famous last words!
I got up, worked a few rounds on dad's glove, then made my way to the kitchen. I started the first batch of chocolate chip cookies, and as I was swapping off the pans in the oven, I burned myself! Not horribly, but enough to stop me from knitting, or doing anything else. I got myself at the base of my pinky, on the side of my right hand, and a very wide stripe across my left thumb. You know, right where the knitting needle sits as you knit. And not just a mild burn that you can force out of your mind and work past. No, it began to blister right away and hurt beyond all reason. Well, from there, Amy finished putting the cookies in the oven, and I one-handedly mixed the 2nd batch of chocolate chip and peanut butter blossoms. After the cookied were done, she wrapped the gifts for me. I then retreated to the Dungeon with a baggie of ice to see if I could knit. I found that if I wrapped a band aid around it tight, then I was able to knit past the pain. But as soon as I stopped knitting, the pain came back with a vengance. I got ready and we headed off to Grandma Nana's. We had a great evening. And when we came home, I was able to finish the 2nd glove. So, here shortly, I'm going to head to bed, after Santa makes his visit. Then when I get up in the morning, I'll weave in the ends, wrap and be done! I'll have pics in a day or two. In the mean time:
Merry Christmas to all & to all a good night!