So, I'm trying to put myself back in the Christmas mood, and I am barrowing the Christmas meme going around.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Which ever one has the alcohol in it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Everything is wrapped, and I make sure I do it, unlike when I was a teenager and my mom was too busy to wrap my gifts. She would put everything in boxes and have me wrap them. I offered to do the samething this year, but she told me no.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Tree - white, house - colored
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, 'casue I don't have anyone to kiss.
5. When do you put your decorations up? I have been know to put the tree up during the Ohio State vs. Michigan game, but I usually wait till Thanksgiving weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My new found favorite - Hawiian Sweet Potatoe Cassarole
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Going to my great-grandparents house and then to my grandma's to open present.
8 . When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was around 8 or 9, and I just guessed.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Always at Grandma Nana's, and occassionaly 1 at home.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? First the lights, always. Then the glass ornaments and then the ribbons, the angel last.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it.
12. Can you ice skate? Somewhat.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My sugar plum teddy bear (remember those?), which was ruined in the basement of my 2nd apartment when it molded.
14. What’s your favorite thing about the holidays? The look of excitement on the girls' faces as they open all the gifts they wanted.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Christmas cookies
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? dinner at Grandma's house on Christmas eve.
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving - it feels really good.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? White Christmas - the Bing Crosby version
20. Candy canes yuck or yum? yum, especially the cherry flavored ones.
21. What’s number one on your Christmas list this year? For everyone to have a good time.
Due to yesterday's bad news, I didn't get to work on the fingerless gloves for neice S, but I did work it at lunch, I have made it past the little finger on the first glove. And I should have plenty of time to work on them tonight and tomorrow on the way out of town, as mom is going with me, and I should be able to get her to drive. That's a good solid hour and half. So, my goals for this weekend's knitting are to get the gloves finished, and the Simply Lovely Lace socks in light blue done for cousin J. After that, all I am left with is the fingerless gloves in Lorna's Laces, colorway camo, for dad, and the IHS and hat for mom. I'm hopeing that since next week is the slow week in the office (the week before Christmas) that my boss breaks down and lets me knit in the office again this year.
And now for a little randomness. I found this link on KnittingNurse, it's so cute. I can't remeber which blog I found this link one. This guy lives about a 20 minute drive from my house. And I guess he now has almost the whole block sync'd. I may have to make a drive out there this year. And I found this one on Rabbitch's blog. I almost laughed myself sick.
And thank you, Lexa, for the comment you left on yesterday's post.