Friday, December 08, 2006

I'm still alive, I think?

I have returned from Death's door and blogger exile!

First, Death's door. Ok, so maybe it wasn't that bad. But, as my ex always used to say, I did lay down and die. When ever I get sick, my body decides that I must shut down to get better. So, every moment I was not at work (and few at work), or driving to and from work, I was sleeping. And even though sleeping is really good for me, it put me way behind in my holiday knitting. I still have 5 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of fingerless gloves, a hat and a scarf to finish by Christmas Eve. I'm insane, arent' I? But, on a positive note, my boss was generous this year and handed out a bonus. And for the first time in my adult life, I am finished shopping and wrapping gifts for the girls. There will be no Christmas Eve shopping for me this year, and I won't be up at midnight, desperately looking for movie to watch while wrapping. The only thing I have left to get is a gift for Miss Amy, but she's easy to shop for, she'll take yarn in it's unfinished state. And thanks to said boss, my girls made out like bandits this year. And, unbeknownst to the girls, they even got me something for Christmas. I bought myself a very plush, micro-fiber robe from Bath & Body. It is now in the possesion of Miss Amy, who will have the girls wrap it, none the wiser that mom knows about it. They'll get a kick out of it. Especially Annie. Katie will probably know what's going on, but that's the price you pay when you have a smarter than average 11 yr old. So, from here till Christmas Eve, my fingers will be flying to see how many items I can get finished. I figure, if I spend every evening in my recliner and every weekend, I should just make it. I already have half of one pair of fingersless gloves done, and a good start on the scarf. The hat should only take me the better part of a weekend afternoon. It's the socks that worry me. For one pair I have to kool aid dye the yarn, but only 2 colors, thank the stars. Oh, and almost all of the socks will be ankle socks. Less time that way.

Oh, and as for the weather here in the heart of Ohio. Let me just say, "DAMN, IT'S COLD!" It was only 12 degrees when I got up this morning. Yikes!

Now for the exile part. It seemed that every time I felt well enough to blog, blogger wouldn't let me. It sucked.

So, from here Christmas, I can promise that blogging will be sparse at best. And just incase I don't get a chance to say it before then:

Merry Christmas

Happy Solstice

Happy Hanukkah

from my family to yours!

1 comment:

lexa said...

Glad to see you are still around! I, too, am in the panicky mode of finishing knitted gifts. Last weekend I lost two days to the *really bad* flu. I have mittens to make, socks, slippers.... I actually changed a couple of planned items cuz I know I don't have time.

The robe sounds wonderful. I think my boys are going to get me some fleece pajamas.

Off to start some supper and get back to knitting! I'll be glad when the holidays are over so Most Haunted gets back on schedule. It airs here like 1am not because of holiday programming, and neither VCR works any more, so I can't tape it. :(

Have a good weekend!