Friday, January 05, 2007

Weirdness

I picked Lexa's tag on the weirdness meme. So, here are the six weird things about me. (And, shush Amy, I know there are more than 6. We just won't talk about those.)

  1. When I knit on straight needles, I have to brace the left needle against my hip. I don't know why I do this, because I can clearly knit the normal way, I just prefer to do it.
  2. It took me 10 years to pick out my tattoo before I had it done. I mean, yes, it's an important thing to consider, and you should take time to think on it. But, I took 10 years, and had it done when I was 29. I'll have to take a pic of it when I get skinny again, as it's on my lower back.
  3. I (like Lexa) don't watch much of regular tv. The only new shows that I watch on a regular basis is America's Next Top Model and American Choppers. Other than that, I'd rather watch a movie or something on the History Channel or Discovery Channel. Oh, and BBC. I just love British tv. My favs from across the pond are Are you Being Served?, Monarch of the Glen, Footballers' Wives and Most Haunted.
  4. I hate black licorice and anisette, but I love pizzelle cookies. Don't ask me why, but I do. If I could just get my hands on a reasonably price pizzelle iron and a good recipe, I'd be in business. Speaking of which. I went to one of the little stores around the corner this morning and bought a strawberry Moon Pie, but for some reason, it tastes like it has anisette in it. Three bites later, it's sitting next to my mouse on my desk, looking at me and waiting to hit the trash can.
  5. I am, by no means, the neatest person, but I have always had a thing about everything having a place, and everything being in it's place, dvds, games, yarn, everything really. When I was married, my ex would start to look for something in the house, and I would ask what he was looking for. He would tell me not to worry about it, he'd find it. Two hours later (imagine that being said just like on Spongebob), he would still be looking, and after two, solid hours of looking, I'd given in and ask, again, what he was looking for. When he would finally tell me, I'd walk right over and get it for him. He never learned the just ask first.
  6. Ok, I'm reaching on this one. When I'm driving and I get a soda in a bottle, I take the caps off and drop them in between the seats, where the emergency brake is. This used to drive my best friend, Miss PJ, nuts. When we would drive down the the southern Ohio Renn Fest every weekend (I had a booth there with my SIL in 1999), we would stop to get gas and snacks. I would open my pop and drop the cap in the middle. PJ would go nuts and start picking them up. I still do this. And I laugh every time I clean them out. But, if it's a cap that I need to put back on the bottle, I put it under my right leg so I know right where it is. I also put my cell phone under my leg while I drive, that way I can feel it when it rings.
Ok, enough of my weirdness, even though that's surely not the end of it. I am proud of myself. So far, I am sticking to my one New Year's resolution, to loose weight. I have been watching everything I eat, and exercising every night, no matter how I feel. I have started back with my belly dancing dvds. I have also been using this. I find that it helps me alot. You just enter everything you eat, and everything you do during the day, and it gives you pie charts and such to track how you are doing.

On the knitting front, I was able to sit down and work on my Candle Flame shawl last night. I got about an inch done. Relatively, that's not that far, but it's an inch closer to finishing. I have every intention of sitting down to knit on it while watching Most Haunted tonight. It should be a re-run, so I can actually concentrate on the lace. As I have found out that it's a bad idea to try to watch a new episode and work on lace. That's not a good combination. I was also able to do a few more rounds on a new pattern I am writing. It's a cabled sock pattern. I'll share it when I have it done.

And on that note, hope y'all have a great weekend, and happy knitting!

1 comment:

lexa said...

Cabled sock pattern to share!?! Can't wait for that one!

I'm pretty POed right now. The channel that shows Most Haunted here isn't showing it tonight! I thought it would be back to normal now that the holidays are over, but they're showing movies tonight. I will have to check the schedule on their web site.

I forgot -- I have a tatoo, too. It's on my left shoulder on my back. It was designed for me as a one-of-a-kind. The artist that did it was totally awesome, but his arthritis is so bad he can't do them any more. He's probably only in his mid 40s. I always wanted another one, but I'm not too fussy about anyone but him doing it!

Good luck concentrating on your shawl tonight. I'm going to try to finish up the Irish Hiking Scarf for the Red Scarf Project.