Monday, June 26, 2006

Busy Weekend

It was a fun, but busy weekend. It went a little something like this:

Friday (my birthday): Wanted to get up at about 8 am, got up at 9am. Got my shower and got the girls motivated. Went to the BMV to renew my car tags, had to back my Trekking sock back a row while there, as a few of the DPN's came out, but made up that row and got a row ahead, while waiting. From there, in the pouring down rain, I headed to Miss PJ's house, stopping to get the girls Mickey D's for lunch along the way. After lunch, Miss PJ, the kids and I headed to the salon to get our hair done, and did a little shopping. Nothing major to the hair was done, I got about 2" off the back, and had the front layers around my face done the proper way. And I found a cute little camo t-shirt with Mikey Mouse on the front in silver studs. I dropped Miss PJ and her son off to her house, and found out that Miss Tammi and her husbeast weren't going to be able to make it to dinner that evening, as they were both still in alot of pain, from the broken bones (it's a long story, but they didn't try to kill each other,yet. They just has seperate work related accidents.) So, I stopped and picked up Jess (my adopted daughter, as Miss Tammi calls her) so she could go to dinner with us. Then, once Miss PJ's husbeast found out that he would be the only male attending dinner, he wimped out and stayed home, to give us "Girls Night Out." I dropped the girls off at my moms for the night, and went home to get ready to go out. So, Miss Amy, Miss PJ, Jess and I went for our yummy dinner at the Japanese Steak House. During dinner I had a glass of plum wine (my favorite) and 2 Mt. Fuji's (a frozen slushy drink of rum and fruit juice that's green, with a cherry on top). As we made our way back to the car, we decided to walk a block over and go to Comm Fest (Community Festival), it's held every year around the weekend of my birthday at Goodale Park. We roamed for a while, taking in the sites, sounds and smells (a few of which we didn't want, like the painted bedpans that smelled as if they had been used, and not washed before being painted.) Miss Amy and I bought some hand made soap that was Rosemary and Spearmint. And we generally had a blast. Jess stayed the night at our house, as I was a liiittle to toasty to drive. We watched the Skeleton Key, which I have seen lots, but love. And Jess argees with me, it was good movie, and you never see that ending coming out of the left field.

Saturday: Got up around 9:30, took Jess home and went to pick up the girls from mom's. We spent the rest of the day doing laundry and I worked some more on my Trekking sock. I finished the leg, turn the heel and started the instep. It'll take no time to finish. Katie helped me rearrange my room a little. Then I picked up my Candle Flame shaw and finished the first repeat. We watched movies for the rest of the night.

Sunday: We watched movies for the day, mostly Harry Potter, and I worked on my Candle Flame shaw. I got another whole repeat done.

Today: Monday back to work, and even though we have a Dion and Mr C back at the office, it was still busier that it has been in months. I ate my lunch at my desk, and as one of the managers approached with more in his hand, I threatened to stab him with my fork. Granted it was a cheapy, plastic fork, but it might have actually hurt with enough force. After work, I got to mom's to pick up the girls, and they showed my Super Mario 3 that mom had bought at a yard sale for $0.50. That sucked me in. I used to love to play that game. I picked the control pad and showed the girls how it's really done. They didn't think mom could play a game like that. But considering that I beat Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on the PS2, they should know better.

I'll have pics of my Trekking socks soon, and pics of the progress of the Candle Flame shaw.

Also, Thank You to all everyone that wished me Happy Birthday by comments and e-cards. My Secret Pal even sent me a great e-card. Muchos Gracias!

No comments: