Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Rogue Continued

Ok, I find I am childless for a few days, as my mother ran away with, I mean took the girls camping. They left yesterday morning, and will be home tomorrow evening. So, last night I found myself laying on the couch, not feeling well. As I lay there watched a re-run of Friends, I decided that I needed something to do. As much as I love to knit socks, I just wasn't in the mood. Then, the thought hit me, I still have my Rogue that I am working on. So, I got up, pulled out my large knitting bag, and re-discovered my Rogue. When I had stopped working on it, I had finished the 12 rounds for the hem facing, and the first 4 rounds of the body. That was where I lost my motivation. But last night I was determined. I worked the next seven rounds and geared up to remove the provisional cast on, and knit the foundation round with round # 12. That went a lot better than I thought it would. Then I worked round # 13 and prepared to start the pocket. I got 8 rows of the pocket finished last night. Today at lunch, I hid in the conference room and finished it. Here is what it looks like so far:


Incase you are wondering, I didn't have a stitch holder large enough, so I used a US 8 metal DPN and a couple of point protectors to hold the top of the pocket. So, tonight I will go home and pick up the stitches needed to finsh round 14. Let's see how far I can get tonight.

On the Summer Sock Party front. I have sucessfully created my first buttons. So, with no further ado, here they are:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This was the second one I created, and I must admit, it's my favorite. I used Miss Amy's purse for this one.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This was my first one. I used my Trekking sock for it. So, stop by and sign up for Summer Sock Party '06, there is less than a week left to sign up!

No comments: