Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Provisional Cast On Problems

Last night, Amy and I decided to sit down, swatch and cast on for Rogue. For those of you who have the pattern, you know that if you're not doing the 1x1 rib, you need to do a provisional cast on. Now, we have never done this. So, we pop down to the computer and went to Knitting Help to watch the video of how to do it. When I tried it, it seemed too twisted. And after a second time of casting on this was, I still didn't like it. So, I frogged it, folded my laundry and went to bed. This morning I got up, resolved to find a different way to do the provisional cast on. And I have found it on Knitting at Knoon Designs. I love this method. Since I started out crocheting when I was young, this seems so easy. Now I can't wait to go home, do my work out, and sit down to cast on.

Ok, I want to start a new pair of socks, but I don't know which pattern to do next. Maybe some of you can help me. I have been thinking about making a pair of Jaywalkers (now that at least one of us have a set of US 1 Brittany's), or the Pink Ribbon sock. What do you think? Please comment and let me know.

On another note. I love spring, maybe not as much as fall, but I hate the high winds. When we leave work, it's a fight just to get the door open. And when I drive to get the girls from my moms, out in the country, I drive right past a lot of empty fields. I have nearly been blown off the road several times.

1 comment:

Miss Amy said...

Hey, you said we were going to do the Breast Cancer ribbon socks. I have already casted on and almost got through the ribbing. Jaywalkers can wait just a little longer. PLEEEEEEZ???