Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Bridgette Jones Syndrome

As of late, I have had the Bridgette Jones Syndrome - The whole "Have bottom bigger than Brazil!" thing. After dropping more than 50 lbs., and staying somewhat slim for a little over 2 years, I gained about half of it back after the many cookouts over last summer. Now, I have decided that it must come back off, and then a little. And now, I have a partner in crime, Miss Amy. This way, we can help each other stay on the band wagon and be each other's motivation. Let's see how well this works.

On to knitting news. I have finished the Sockotta socks and have knitted a pair of footie socks in Fortissima Colori Disco, colorway # 9052. I only had a 50 gm, and was very happy that I could finish them with some left over.

Here we have the Sockotta socks:


And, yes, those are flame jammies.

Here is the start of the first footie:


And here at the finished footies:


It's my first try with self stripe-ing yarn. Not too bad, if I do say so myself. And, yes, as Miss Amy so politely pointed out over my shoulder, I am that pale. I would have taken more pics of the progress, but these worked up quicker than I expected. But, being stuck on the couch for 2 nights with alternating ice packs and heating pads on my knee helped that. I apparently twisted my right knee Monday morning when I was getting down off the forklift. And, yes, I drive a forklift. So, this much knitting indicates that I haven't been packing, as someone (Conrad) else in the office so graciously pointed out, but in as much pain as I was in, who could blame me.

In non-knitting related pics, here is one of Annie:


We were playing with the Red Hat Society hats in Wally World, and she just looked too adorable. Who wouldn't take a pic of that cute little face.

Anyway, must pack tonight. Only 2 1/2 weeks left to do it in.

No comments: