Monday, February 20, 2006

Moving Update

This is what it has come down to, Moving Updates! Over the weekend, we got more if the house packed, the kitchen table taken down, my bed taken down (box springs and mattress on the floor), the bathroom de-constructed, more boxes packed, and some of the clothes packed. Here's the plan for the rest of the week:

  • Monday - finish packing my room as Katie packs hers
  • Tuesday - finish packing dishes left in the kitchen
  • Wednesday - pack down the hall closet and living room closet, along with odds & ends
  • Thrusday - take down the girls' bunk beds and pack odds & ends
  • Friday - sign lease and start moving boxes
  • Saturday - move furniture from 2 houses to 1
  • Sunday - unpack everything

I think that's what I don't like about moving, and haven't done it for 8 1/2 years. I hate to spend weeks packing everything, just to move it in a day or two, and then spend weeks unpacking it.

On the knitting front, late Saturday night, in my boredom, I made this:


This is for Annie, and I have the second sock on the needles to work on in the wee hours for when I'm not packing.

Speacking of packing, here's Moonie, ready to move:


I have spent days trying to convince her that I can not pack her in one of these boxes, that's it's not humane, but every open box she see, she tries to occupy it before I can get anything into it.

For lunch today, it was a toss up of chinese or Chipotle's. Chipotle's won, and now I wish it had been chinese. At least with chinese, I know when to stop eating. With Chipotle, it's too good to stop, and then I feel miserable from eating too much. Miss Amy blames me for her eating her whole burrito and feeling miserable, so I'll take the blame. On the way back to the office, in our misery, we spotted something we had to circle back around the block to look at. And this is what we saw:


At first, we thought he was eating his lunch on the top of this two story house. Closer inspection, he was painting the eaves.

And here is a pic of what my afternoon has been:


Playing my newest toy , my lovely laptop, reading blogs and eating Hershey's Kissables.

************************************************************************************
Edited to add: I took a cool, color quiz. I found the link on Knit Witch's blog. You can find it here.

No comments: