Monday, July 10, 2006

What a weekend!

I was on call this past weekend, and I should have known what it was going to be like when my cell phone froze up while I was transfering the office cell to mine. The yarn from Chrissy arrived in the mail on Saturday. I started the test sock, then decided to call my mom to go to the Verizon store to look at new phones. It's been 2 yrs, it's time for new ones. So, we made a trip over, the the little sales chickie was a little too pushy. When she tried the whole sales pitch of "We havethis with mail in rebates," I looked at mom and told her that we would just go back to her house and call the tele-sales department and get what we wanted for free. Then, mom started dragging her feet, complaining that she didn't know which phone she wanted, and that she didn't want a camera phone (which is almost impossible anymore, unless you go the ultra cheap route), and she didn't know if she wanted to keep her line, and she didn't know if she wanted to finally add dad. Needless to say, by 9:30 pm, we had picked out what we wanted, and decided not to add dad. Then, the Verizon web site crapped out on us, so I called the help line, and was told to try again the next day. On Sunday, I was woke up, bright and early by one of the guys from our Houston office, who (when I answered the phone) asked to talk to the on call person. When I said it was me, he said, "Oh, it didn't sound like you." And I replied, "Because, I just woke up." So, a little later, I tried to go online to order the phones again, and still had the same problem. I called the help line again, and got someone that told me I was going in from the wrong page! He walked me through getting to the right page, and what to do, then we were good to go. Ten minutes after I got off the phone with mom, after ordering the phones, she calls me back and tells me that dad wants to finally get a phone. Well, I think I took it in stride very well. I called Verizon back, had them conference mom in, and we fixed so that we all got new phones free, with a good calling plan. A little later in the day, I got a call from one of my agents about a shipment crossing into Canada. Nothing unusual about that. But they had been given the wrong phone and fax numbers for the custom broker, and I was told nothing about the shipment. And to punctuate the need for a new phone, it froze up 4 more times, and I had to stand in the middle of the drive way to finish what needed to be done. Thank the Heavens my new phone will be here no later than Friday.

Now for knitting content. I have finished my Trekking socks! They are perfect. I still have to take pics of them. I'll post them tomorrow. I also need to submit them to Chrissy for the Sock A Month KAL, and the Trek Along. Which I'll do that once I have taken the pics. Also, I am plugging along the test knit for Chrissy. Once I am done with those, as I do believe the deadline for those it Saturday to the publisher, I'm going to start on my Summer Sock Party Pal's sock. Then I have several other pairs planned. I have no shortage of socks to knit, that's for sure. But even if I didn't have pairs planned, I'd still knit more socks, as they help me keep my sanity.

So, here's to knitting socks, a new cell phone on the way, and an up coming vacation (even though I'm not going anywhere since I can't afford it this year). Happy knitting!!!!

No comments: