Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy Yule!

Blessed Be and Happy Yule to everyone. And a Happy Birthday to my mommy!

After seeing talk over the other blogs, I had to join in and start an Irish Hiking Scarf. I tried it in some blue varigated Red Heart worsted, but the cables got lost in the color changes. So, Katie offered up some of her Red Heart worsted in hunter green, and when it's done, it'll be hers. I just wanted to try the pattern to see how fun it is, and I must say, I need to get some Encore or Galway to work this one in. Maybe a nice blue heather to match my coat.

I tried a little Christmas shopping for the girlies at lunch. I found a few great gifts, at really good prices, but I still haven't found the Christmas spirit. I guess it has abandoned me this year. I'm not the only one, though. I have noticed there are more and more people that find it harder to get into the spirit. After all, my tree is up and decorated, and I'm getting my Christmas shopping done earlier than normal this year (usually done on Christmas eve), but I feel so BLAH! The only things that seem to make me happy are: knitting, shopping for knitting, reading about knitting, looking for patterns to knit, and generally anything that involves knitting.

If you look the right, in the side bar (and I feel like a tour guide), you'll that I have been sorted, and placed in Gryffindor. Always knew that I was Hoggworts material. Here's what it had to say:

Congratulations on making Gryffindor!
Basically, you're brave, daring, chivalrous, and pretty much.. an all around good person. Of course, some see you as a goodie-two-shoes. But hey, it's true! You're really good at winning, and normally always come out as the hero. Everybody likes you.. except, maybe, the Slytherins. You're too perfect. No, really.. You're too perfect. It's annoying to watch you win, repeatedly. Oh well. Be proud anyway.Gryffindors to Remember:
Harry Potter
Ron Weasley
The whole Weasley family
Hermione Granger
Albus Dumbledore

If you'd like to be sorted, click here.

No comments: