Thursday, December 15, 2005

Is it Friday, yet?


Ok, I learned a lesson yesterday. I remembered a quote for an old BBC show I used to watch all the time. The show was "Are you being served?" and the quote was from Mrs. Slocum, who always said, "Oh, the things you see when you haven't got a gun." I have since learned to carry my camera in my knitting bag, so lots of pics today.

On the way to work, I got stuck in a traffic jam. I know, I know. A traffic jam in Columbus, Ohio? Yes, and I sat there for 45 minutes looking at this:


At this point, you can't see downtown Columbus because of the snow and the smoke from the car fire that caused the jam. This was the car that caught fire, what's left of it anyway.



Fun, huh? And, I was an hour late for work.

But, I did get pics if the Cotton Candy scarf last night.



And moved on to a Xmas gift that I can't show, just yet.

Just before I went to lunch, I did get a present from a friend. Candles for Chanuka.



I know, I'm not Jewish, but we like to celebrate it anyway. Hey, why not? We celebrate Christmas and Yule in my house, why not Chanuka too? The girls love it. They love to watch me light the menorah and see how long it takes each night for the candles to burn down.

Then at lunch, I visited Heavenly Creations and picked up these little goodies:



These little pretties will be socks, I hope, sometime after Xmas.

And after lunch, I finished the office Xmas cards to mail. I know, I'm a little behind. I had to wait for mailing labels. Plus, look at how many I had to do:

But, tomorrow is Friday. Let's do the Happy Dance!!!!!

No comments: