Friday, March 24, 2006

Coffee, Tea and ...Plants?

There was not knitting last night. I had to go to Wal Mart to get cat food and Chicken Little on dvd, and Miss Amy met me there. Can we say that might have been a bad idea? I swear, my full intentions were to only get the 2 item, and once again it didn't work out that way. An hour and half, and $116.00 later, I walked out with a full cart. See, it all started with Amy wanting to go into the garden section to get flower seeds and starter pots. Well, once we were there, I decided that I needed to get my herb seeds, and Annie begged for some seeds of her own. Then, Amy said she needed to go into the greenhouse to get potting soil and new planter for her plant named "Grandma". Then, I see the ivy plants, and they were on sale for $1.50. Now, I really love ivy plants. But, if my house is unbalanced, they die. So, I haven't tried to grow any for many years now, and decided that it was time to get a new one. Then, I decided that it had to have a companion. Do you see where this is going? Then, I thought how lovely it would be to have a rose bush, and found one reasonably priced at $5.96, and color was American Dream. And, as I continued to roam, I found a rubber tree, and decided that I had to get it, since I haven't had one since Katie was 1 1/2 years old and picked all the leaves off of the big beautiful one I had, and it died. Besides, it was only $3.00. Then, out the corner of my eye, I saw an aloe plant. And you know how handy, and lovely they are around the house, and it was on only $2.98. Then, I decided that I had to have new pots for all my plants. That wasn't too bad. Then, I found this really neat coffee cup in the green house, of all places, and had to have it. Here is what it looks like:


Isn't it adorable! Now, I am not one to give coffee to children, but Annie begged for some in the new cup. So, here's a pic of that:


Ok, so it's a planter! I just couldn't pass it up, and will be the perfect home for the starter plants that I have in a vase of water, for the past year. And here is pic of all the plants that came home to live with me.


From left to right: Rubber plant, aloe, ivy, spider plant (that made it's way into the cart on the way out of the green house), and english ivy.

But, we did have some fun when we got home. I bought Vinny some catnip toys, and, oh, how he goes crazy over those. We had to go around and remove it off the tops of stuff from where he over-zealously flung it. Then, he walked around stoned all night from the "kitty dope" (as Miss Tammi's husband, Ed, calls it).

And from the comments from yesterday. Hi Joyce! I did call Jessi, and told her to have you call me. Don't know if she did, but just incase, please e-mail me at tonia underscore u at hotmail dot com, that way we can exchange numbers and discuss the cake you want.

Have fun this weekend, everyone!

EDT: There was also as big discussion about why the side of the rubber plant pot said it was a ficus. And after a little research this morning, I found where the techinical name is ficus elsatisia. Now I ok with it being called a ficus.

1 comment:

Miss Amy said...

And in my own defense (again) I didn't make you do it. Honest, I promise...I will deny to the death that I bent your pinky back and told you, you had to buy all those pretty things. Besides, the environment is almost completely balanced upstairs (i think) so the plants have a great chance of living....right?