Monday, March 27, 2006

An FO and a start of a sock

Well, this weekend did not go as planned, but, when do they ever. We waited most of the day to wait for Miss Tammi to let us know when to come help her move, that when she did call, I had to wait for Annie to wake up from her nap. And, in the mean time, I did get to talk to my SIL in Dayton, for about 2 hours. And, in the middle of the conversation, I had a bidding war on Ebay for a lovely retired Partylite, tiered serving tray. I started out at $0.99. When it was all said and done (and trust me, there was a lot said not suitable for young ears), I got it for $25.02 plus shipping. But, it'll be great for Lughnasda, Mabon and Samhain. I'll show you a pic when Blogger decides to let me upload pics again. But, I also replaced a few items that I had when I sold, and later broke, those being the bisque tulip and clear hurricane shade. I also got the brass chamber lamp and shade that I had always wanted. Needless to say, I'm not allowed on Ebay for while. But, I did get great deals on the other items.

I also finished Miss Tammi's poncho! Yippee! Rogue here I come! After I finish the birthday socks for Miss PJ. I re-started them, for the 4 time. This time on the Brittany US size 1 DPN's that Miss Amy won on Ebay last week, that arrived in the mail on Friday. Boy, our mail man is going to hate us. With packages from Knit Picks and all the stuff off of Ebay, he'll dread seeing a box in his truck. Any way, I stray, but Blogger won't let me upload the pic of the poncho, either.

I decided on a healthier line of late, and have started packing salads for lunch, along with granola and cereal snacks. Today, one of the guys on the office came and looked over my shoulder and shook his head and said, "I liked you better when you ate." Translation: "I liked you better when you would pick up my fast food lunch for me." See, I have gained a *cough* few pounds since last summer, and I have decided that since almost none if my clothes fit me anymore, I need to lose it, again. Hence the weight counter at the bottom of the screen. So, please feel free to help cheer me on. I have started eating better, and have decided that before I sit down to knit each night, that I must do at least a 15 minute work out. Because, let's face it, I really don't like being over 50 lbs. over weight, and for the 4 time in my life to be that way, I'm miserable. I stay tired all the time, and I don't have any energy to do anything other than sit. So, I have once again found my motivation. Thin, sexy me, here I come!

No comments: